The weekend has started, though I almost forgot it was Friday because I had a dull tilapia for lunch. It made me feel like it was Monday, but whatever, I got over it because I realized it was Friiiiiiiiday.
As most of you know, I have been going through a lot. I’ve even thought about changing my blog name to “what I did after the sh*t hit the fan.” What do you think? No? Ok, no then.
Anyway, I have managed to build my world back up piece by piece, experience by experience, and advice by advice. Since it’s Friday, I thought it would be nice to share some of the advice that my friends have offered along the way. Here it goes:
- Slowly but surely….
- Do stupid things.
- Call your parents.
- Music, play it out. It keeps the demons at bay.
- Trust your gut. You are the only person who knows your heart. You will be the only person who will know how to mend its wounds. Tell people after. Evaluate why you needed to experience that. But when it feels right, jump. Then move on.
- Tequila is never a good idea. Especially if the guy you like is there.
- Whiskey is better than Vodka for long nights out.
- Cry. Then go do your nails, cut your hair and put some red lipstick on.
- Write. Cry, breathe, live, eat, laugh, kiss, talk, vent, embrace, love, and then write again. (Adjust this to reflect your own passions.)
- This, too, shall pass.
- You are a mango. You are not an apple. Please stay away from all those that who settle for an apple.
- Learn to date yourself. Single or not, you need to learn how to do this. It’s something no one else can teach you.
- Go big or go home.
And finally, a final thought. My dears, know this… you are the love story. Dress it up, play the music, and light the candles. Create it and most importantly, be there or you’ll miss it. Don’t Romeo & Juliet this one. Live it out for everything it is and everything you want it to be. If you just do it, it’ll be. Just like that.
Stars to you, B
A special thank you to all those who helped me get this far.