We need to learn to reveal, don’t we? I’ve been working on an assignment and with it, I found myself researching questionnaires. It’s funny the how the simplest questions can intrigue us. How the desire to want to answer something truthfully means we’ll need to make an effort to remove the layer of bs that tries to answer first. So I before I urge you to give this a try,… I thought I’d take a stab at it myself, so here goes:
- My name: Antonella Saravia. Nicknames: Anti (was happy to see this one go), Anto, Tone, La Saravia, and I’ve heard Baby Tone making a come back.
- Childhood ambition: Easy- to be a writer/ballerina/ruler of any child born after me/actress/singer/keeper of all m&m chocolate chip cookies/professional reader.
- Fondest memory: I remember Friday afternoons growing up. My mother would take me to the Public Library before going to Blockbuster with my little brother. I was free to roam the library for hours. I’d always go to her with a stack so big that I’d be dropping books on the sides. My mother never rushed me and she rarely said no. It was like my special place, where she just let me roam wild. It was my first taste of freedom and I loved it.
- Soundtrack: I love all types, but if something is going down, play me some jazz please.
- Retreat: Give me a landscape, be it made of metal, water, or grass. Then, play some music, and don’t forget to brew some coffee.
- Wildest dream: Sometimes I think it’s winning an Oscar for Best Screenplay, but I think it’s much simpler than that. I just want to wake up one day when I’m 60 and know in my gut that I wouldn’t have done it any other way. I don’t think a lot of people get that.
- Proudest moment: Believe it or not, the last time someone asked me this I had nothing to say. It dawned on me that I should have been flooded with thoughts, but I wasn’t. I went blank. I’m happy to report that that’s changed since then. My proudest moment was when I finished one of my blog posts. I don’t know which one as the rush varies each time, but it’s there, nonetheless.
- Greatest fear: I’m currently between fears, I think. This new one must be moving in; the “fear of not being good enough” has been asked to leave. Maybe it’s the fear of making a mess of this transition. Yea, that could be it. Gaining weight freaks me out, too.
- Biggest challenge: Learning to love —or even just like—myself.
- Alarm clock: My cell phone, but lately, it just confuses me instead of actually waking me up.
- Perfect day: I don’t know. This happens often and it’s never quite the same. A simple day, when one happens to be paying attention. Those are always the perfect ones.
- Love: It doesn’t matter how progressive or liberal someone is, if he likes you, and I mean really likes you… he’s going to go old school. He’s going to call you. Girls, wait for the call. Guys, just know when to make it. The rest is just fun & games, folks.
- First job: Kidding Around, in Miami, the summer before my senior year. 30 minute lunch breaks are complete b*llshit.
- Indulgence: Staying up late writing. Aaaaaand watching Netflix period pieces. You know, for research.
- Last purchase: Groceries (Greek yogurt, granola, semi-firm tofu, Bounty, and blueberries.)
- Favorite movie: French Kiss.
- Favorite book: I haven’t finished writing it yet.
- Favorite drink: Red.
- Inspiration: Where is my camera?
- I am: & will always be a romantic.
- Note to self on 2012: The year I yanked off the band-aids.
- Are you happy? Much happier than I’m capable of understanding. I’m working on that part though.
- My life: …is happening now. Excuse me.
Have funs, Kids.